- Click on "Submit Tip" and an online Form will appear
- Select the language needed - Spanish, French, Somali or English
- Complete as many areas of the Tip Form as you are able
(Scroll down to see all questions as the form is longer than the screen)
- You will be assigned a unique Tip ID for your tip
- Create your own personal password
- When done click on SUBMIT
- We do not track or record Internet URL or email address information
- You can come back to the website and provide additional information to the tip at any time using your Tip ID
- You may receive inquiries from Crime Stoppers for more information which are also anonymous but can help to clarify information or get more details
- Tips sent to Crime Stoppers of Minnesota are then shared with the law enforcement agency best situated for follow-up.
If a crime is in progress dial 911
Phone Calls - 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)
- Toll free call from anywhere in Minnesota
- Answered 24/7 by live person at the Crime Stoppers Call Center
- We do not record caller ID; conversations are not recorded; we don't ask your name
- We can accept and translate calls in any language.
- Each caller is given their own unique Tip ID that is:
- to be used for future contact with Crime Stoppers such as providing additional information or for checking on the status for receiving a reward.
- to be used to get any follow up messages left by Crime Stoppers seeking more information
- The Call Center operator will help callers to provide clarification of facts
- The Call Center then gives your tip information to Crime Stoppers of Minnesota who shares it with the law enforcement agency best situated for follow up
- To send a Text Tip
Begin the message with: TIP674
Send to: CRIMES or (274637)
- You will be sent an Auto-Reply confirmation containing a unique Tip ID.
- To submit follow-up information simply REPLY…..nothing else is needed.
- All follow-up tips and replies from Crime Stoppers are a continuation of the record created by your first call.
- This secure application allows you and Crime Stoppers to have two-way dialog while still being completely anonymous.
- The thread of messages can be terminated by texting STOP at any time
Standard text messaging rates may apply based
on the subscriber's plan with their mobile phone carrier.
If considering using Text Messaging when there is an immediate threat of injury, harm or danger, we advise that 911 be called for immediate help.